Tuesday 3 April 2012

Boy Angel

I want to share an amazing experience of love and learning.  I met a beautiful boy a few years ago - we were teenagers.  He opened up a new world to me - the world every girl...or every woman...or everyone should be aware of.  It's a world where we understand a bit more why we are here and how everything is both science and supernature.  My life has never been the same.  Some of the story is like a vision of how far we can go if we use our imagination...and how there is hope for the future if we rely on secret wisdom of the past. The first chapter is called Boy Angel.  Here's part of it.  Let me know if you want to see more.


Chapter 1 – Boy Angel


Almost April.  The day was a picture postcard but my life was like an abstract painting thrown onto a canvas by a crazy artist.  Fain, a sleek dark greyhound walked slowly beside me in our orchard.  White sun and thick drifting clouds competed in a game of shadows.  A sweet breeze met us with faint perfume of wild violets.  My green hoodie was warm enough, just barely warm enough. I checked the pockets – cellphone in the right, piece of paper in the left.
Always, this grove of trees had been so comforting when I visited my grandparents every summer.  It was like druids could have held meetings beneath a canopy of branches, so peaceful and enchanting was the setting.  On this Spring day I stopped and watched my dog snuffle at places in last year’s faded, tall grass – but then he raised his head and stood motionless.
“What?” I spoke quietly.

I deleted most of this chapter as I'm editing it - don't want to post something that is no longer in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.