Friday 25 September 2015

I long for an online literary salon

I'm injured and recovering.  While I heal, comforts have included an overstuffed comfy couch by the fireside and me at night reading, dreaming.  I long for an online literary and artistic salon, like the one Gertrude Stein enjoyed in Paris, where Ernest Hemingway, F Scott Fritzgerald, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, and other highly regarded artists shared their views, thoughts, and helped to create the Modernist Movement.

Without ranting, without complaining, I'll say with a wistful whisper - no one cares anymore.  Where is sophistication, elevated thought inspiring like an upward spiral to the gods, where are the true creators of new ways to be?  Squashed among a pile of competing, commercial, copycat authors, buried in heaps of garbage ads and marketing, the true ones, the creators are lost ...lost like clear blue waters filled with raw sewage, lost like rainforests clear cut, lost like friendly little baby animals, once innocently frolicking in green pastures and now only objects on factory farms, destined for the slaughterhouse before they learn to feel the joy of running.

It was all so fun when we really wanted to learn and think, when we wanted to change the world for the better instead of competing with each other.

Yes, I long for an online literary and artistic salon.  I'll wait and create and believe it can happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.