Thursday 2 January 2014

My speech for Goodreads friends

This is my screenplay speech for Goodreads friends. Please read, I implore fair ladies (and gents)

The scene is a university campus. Around the main buildings the area is crowded with hundreds of students holding protest signs.  Some signs are "No Factory Farming".  Other signs say "No to Big Oil" and other signs say other things in protest (because this is a dream I had).  Anyway they are environmental and animal rights activists.  Now this is not the dream but here's where I come in.

Luvelle Raevan enters the scene and stands on a soapbox in the midst of the crowd.  She holds a microphone.  Here's her speech - a bit tongue in cheek, but sincere and hopeful.

"Friends at Goodreads - you call yourselves friends?  My friends support me.  My friends rally together for a good cause.  Where are you when I need you?  Sweet Sorcerer is at Swoonreads.com.  Here's your chance to make a difference for an author - and that author is me.  I need your votes.  Together we can change the course of human history.  You can say 'I was there when it all began'.  Why are those other books all ahead of me?  The power of one - a newest New Age.  Please head on over there!  Time is running out for my Sweet Sorcerer!."

The crowd is hushed.  Suddenly they cheer as one and head over to Swoonreads to rate Luvelle's book 5 swoonworthy hearts and to write amazing comments.  Luvelle is left standing on her soapbox.  It feels really good up there...yes, really amazingly good.

Thanks.                
                                                          The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.