Friday 21 March 2014

A Poem to My Dream Love

Hello & Happy Spring, equinox and a new year in the zodiac calendar, heralding the constellation Aries, the Ram.  Today I felt a stream of consciousness as I wrote the following poem all within two minutes, no crossing out or hesitation, line after line, onto a page in my dream journal.  I was thinking of a fave place I love, Lahaina, Maui and a trip with the ladies of the family not too long ago.


Tropical

What rhymes with Lahaina?
Everything does - palm trees,
Hibiscus, ocean breeze,
Heat and Prison Street -
Mystery and walking on
Fallen dry pods in pitch dark
Finding our way to tiki torches
At the Aina Nalu -
Outrigger - my second home,
Mahalo, Aloha
And a multichorus of birds
Outside at sunrise -
I must go back and record them
On my cellphone
Because everything beautiful
Rhymes with Lahaina -
And a surfer spirit
Jumped into my soul
Through a camera lens
At the last minute
Connecting us, kinda -
In Lahaina.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.