Wednesday 5 March 2014

Unearthly trips

Finally I watched the movie "Rush" late last night.  I should have watched it on the big screen at the theatres but I didn't.  Instead, I rented the dvd from the only video store in this region and at least my tv is connected with decent Polk speakers for audio.

I thought this movie was excellent - a good story and directed by Ron Howard, who has beautiful taste and vision.  Fast cars and accidents are a touchy subject for me - and for a lot of people I suppose, but that's why I waited and finally decided the time was right to watch it.

Today, I find myself thinking about "Rush", connecting thoughts and imagination.  When a movie stays with me until the next day and elevates my thoughts I know the movie has hit a chord.  I thought about astrology, and how I have no Earth in my chart, no planets at all in Earth signs.  Some famous people have no Earth - no Capricorn, Taurus, or Virgo in their birthcharts although this is a rare thing.  We're not grounded, but now I don't see it as a deficiency.  See your free natal chart (birthchart) at Astrotheme, and look up some of your fave celebrities - the list is vast.  Click on degree of each planet to open a window, to see a symbolic reference, like an I Ching scene.
Astrotheme is one of the best astrology sites imo, based in France.

When I watched the Formula One cars in the movie "Rush" I realized they are just barely grounded - going as fast as possible, just skimming the earth.  In a way, it's not a death wish as some have suggested, but an attempt to bridge sky and Earth - touching the ground lightly in one spot and moving on.

I see my attempt to skim earth as I go through life. Years ago, and even until I watched "Rush" yesterday, I thought I needed a friend or lover with strong Earth elements to balance the absence of those elements in my astrological chart - but now I know this isn't the case.  Yes, I love gardening, digging in the dirt...but look how those little seedlings and all life, even the big trees reach reach for the sky.  Man, do they reach!!!

Here's a video clip from the movie "Rush".  Also, please check my Sweet Sorcerer a Young Adult (good for any age group really!) Paranormal Romantic Fantasy where I explore many unearthly ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.