Tuesday 1 July 2014

A new song for you!

Happy Canada Day, all you stereotyped plaid shirted, beer swillin' & champagne snobs regarding Canadian literature, we have much to be thankful for...like...er...um...ahem...er...Just joking!  Yes, we have several good things about Canada.  We know how to fight against oil pipelines - but this time let's not cave in to pressures of the East...and I mean the Far East, too. I don't want to think about it.

Instead, here's a new song I wrote this aft at the beach, in between swims.  Most of my inspiration is at the beach in summer.  See if you like it.  My strength is my whimsy.  This one is dedicated to Floyd, and to David's Strat guitars.


  Aliens – Alliance

Come on now sweet sorcerer
Your muses we will not ignore
You climb into my dreams at night –
You know, my angel, that’s all right
You hang around my bed with me –
And tell me ancient history

Of crystal caves
And men of stone
And women kind
I’m not alone.

Come on, love, and tell me more
With that song I so adore
I won’t ask you anything
In case it sounds like just a fling –
Your hold on me is more than life
A thousand times of man and wife

Beaches pale sand
And water waves
I feel you’re here
In countless ways.

You hang around this world with me
And maybe we’re a tragedy
Let’s just play a favourite song
And let them say we don’t belong
I won a pillow on a website
So climb into my dreams  tonight.


Copyright Luvelle Raevan July 2014

And while I'm on the path of self promotion with you in mind....please check the first book in my Star Water series.  Sweet Sorcerer is free, I'm committed and Macmillan is a good company - we can do this!  I'll donate to my environmental and animal rights causes with some of the book series profits - a promise I made to my own God, my creator, alien maybe, sweet sorcerer imo yes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.