Friday 6 December 2013

Boy bands

I'm a sucker for musicians...whoa, don't take that too literally, lol!  I adore boys in bands, especially those with slender bodies, thick, wavy longish hair and angel faces.  Would I call myself a groupie?  No...more like in the retro movie "Almost Famous" made several years ago (recently I happened to buy at the local dvd store, the only totally dvd store left in town), I would be like the girls in that movie, a band-aid. Heh!

I hung with other girls who shared my passion and we went where the band was playing...mainly in our town.  We couldn't follow boy bands from city to city - we were too young and besides, too much class to consider ourselves "followers" and absolutely never wanted to be even remotely close to the dreaded stalker category!!  We were, and still are at heart, party girls who love boys in bands.

Did we get to know some of our idols?  Yes.  How, you ask?  Not what you think.  The method is mainly to hang out, knowing where they will be after the show...before the show is not good - (guideline # 1) for various reasons, mainly the boys have a gig to do, almost all boy bands are not, I repeat not wanting to be distracted by girls right before they go onstage.  They are artists, after all and you have to understand and respect that fact.  Beep...disqualified if you bother them at the wrong time!!

Next, you have to be fun and upbeat when you see them after the show, when the pressure is off... and you have to try to look good, the best you can be, no excuses!  You should have an original look, something that will stand out...don't just follow the crowd of current fashions and look like a clone, you won't be memorable.

And most of all, you have to appeal to the imagination, to be an alluring goddess, which brings me back to my book and why I want young women to see my story!  More to follow...but do yourselves a favor for the holiday...no joke, check Sweet Sorcerer.  This is not a sales pitch!  I don't care about social norms in advertising!

I'm sincerely telling a story of love between a girl, a boy in a band who is supernatural, and another boy...and friends...and others.  Sweet Sorcerer is a new direction, an eye opener and you will see why!  I'll tell you more next blog.  In the meantime go to Swoonreads and rate Sweet Sorcerer so we can be goddesses together!  Thank you forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.